I’ve been sorting out my reading for 2019. My Goodreads Challenge is set at 30 for the year and although it’s down on what I actually achieved in 2018, I like to set myself an achievable goal.
I’ve finished two books so far (The Clockmaker’s Daughter by Kate Morton and The Trauma Cleaner by Sarah Krasnostein – reviews to come ) and have started a list to keep me out of mischief during the year. So to give you an idea, here’s some of them.
- Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak
- The Lost Man by Jane Harper
- Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
- Beartown by Frederik Backman
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- The Corset by Laura Purcell
- Imperfect by Lee Kofman
- The Power by Naomi Alderman
- Midwinter Break by Bernard MacLaverty
- Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- The Mars Room by Rachel Kushner
- Milkman by Anna Burns
- Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- The Spy and the Traitor by Ben Macintyre
- Any Ordinary Day by Leigh Sales
There’s some long books in this list and some very good ones so I’m excited to get right into it.
Watch out for my reviews in 2019. Do you have any suggestions for books to get me to my goal of 30?